Are you hunting for the best eye cream for sunken dark circles that can help you achieve brighten eyes that you want so badly in this Zoom era?
Getting 8 hours of night sleep seems like a realistic solution to purple swollen eyes, but it does not work for many of us.
Regardless of how refreshed you are, dark circles under the eyes can be instigated by allergies, thinning skin, medical conditions, UV rays, dehydration, pigmentation, and most importantly, genetics.
The best eye cream for genetic dark circles won’t completely remove them, but their advanced ingredients tighten blood vessels and lighten pigmented areas for transformative effects.
As the market is flooded with thousands of options—and the majority of them target wrinkles and puffiness—finding the best eye cream 2021 that is exclusively designed for under-eye dark circles can be an absolutely daunting task.
So to save your time, I turned to real reviews from buyers to discover which eye creams will actually help reduce sunken dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles, and constrict the skin.
These top-rated products, listed below, have an overwhelming amount of 5-star reviews on Amazon.
What Are Sunken Eyes?
The fragile region beneath the eyes sometimes becomes darker, hollow, and sunken.
Sunken eyes are primarily caused by aging, dehydration, sun rays, and insufficient sleep; they can also be caused by genetics and medical condition.
They are also called eye bags, tear-through hollows, and under-eye hollows. Dark circles most often complement them.
They are not a matter of concern, but we don’t want our faces to look fatigued and worn out.
Symptoms Of Sunken Eyes
- Hollowness underneath the eyes
- Tired look in the face
- Thin-looking skin beneath the eyes
- Under-eye dark circles
- Dark shadow on the lower eyelid
Dark circles can appear at any age, but sunken eyes appear in the late 30s and early 40s.
Major Sunken Eyes Causes
The eyes’ position in their socket is reliant on genetics.
If your family members have sunken eyes, you will most likely have them too because it is a part of your DNA.
It is the main cause of various skin problems and the biggest subsidizing factor in developing wrinkles, dark circles, sunken eyes, dehydration, etc.
The ultraviolet rays of the sun trigger our bodies to generate melanin, which obscures our skin.
If you have dark circles because of your genetics, sun rays can make them even darker.
When you lose excessive weight, the fat loss comes from all body parts, including your face. A dramatic face fat loss can make the blood vessels around the eye more noticeable and obvious.
Hay fever, sinus, allergies, and other health issues can also cause sunken dark circles. If you have any medical problems, see your doctor as soon as possible.
If you are a smoker, your collagen will be degraded, which will cause your skin to lose elasticity. Therefore, sunken eyes can appear.
Causes Of Dark Circles
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive pigmentation around the eyes
- Dry, irritated skin
- Bone and volume loss
- Dilated blood vessels
- Rubbing eyelids due to allergies
Can Sunken Eyes Be Reversed?
If your sunken eyes are instigated by allergies or sinus, they can be reversed with medication.
Eye drops and over-the-counter antihistamines can lower the signs of allergies.
On the other hand, antibiotics can be used to cure sinus infections.
Sunken Eyes Treatment At Home
- Get at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep every day to make you fresh for the next morning.
- Buy a great quality vegan moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Apply the best eye cream for sunken dark circles.
- Put tea bags under your eyes to eliminate dark circles. Tea is packed with flavonoids and antioxidants, so it increases blood circulation.
- Apply almond oil or vitamin E under your eyes to improve your complexion and skin tone.
- Add fruits and green, leafy veggies into your diet to obtain essential vitamins and minerals.
- Reduce the use of coffee and tea.
- Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Put chilled cucumber under your eyes for a minimum of 10 minutes to diminish irritation and add moisture.
- While going out in the sun, wear sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Apply cold compresses to relax your eyes.
- Quit smoking completely.
- Before wearing makeup, apply lotion to moisturize your skin and to confirm that your makeup lasts for a long time. Then apply concealer to help lighten the darker area.
Medical Treatments For Sunken Eyes
If you have sunken eyes due to aging, you can opt for minor and major surgical treatments.
Obviously, surgery has risks, so be wary and conversant if you are considering sunken eye surgery.
These are gel-like substances that are injected into the tissue underneath the eye to enhance facial contours, remove lines, and restore lost volume.
Approximately 1 million males and females annually choose this method to look younger and get rid of sunken dark circles.
Dermal fillers are painless, take a few minutes, and do not have downtime. However, it does not last permanently, so you will have to take it annually.
Cosmetic surgery such as face-lifts, brow-lifts, and blepharoplasty can reverse sunken eyes.
These methods are more aggressive than dermal fillers and are long-lasting. However, their recovery time is long.
10 Best Eye Cream For Sunken Dark Circles
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLAIMER POLICY FOR DETAILS
|KORRES Black Pine 3D Super Eye Serum||🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|NEOSTRATA Skin Active Repair Intensive Eye Therapy||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|L'Oreal Paris Skincare Revitalift Triple Power Anti-Aging Under Eye Treatment Cream||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|SkinMedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel Cream||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|EltaMD Renew Eye Gel for Dark Circles||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|Peter Thomas Roth Vital-E Microbiome Age Defense Eye Cream||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|Fresh 'Black Tea' Age-delay Eye Concentrate||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
|Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream||🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟|
1. KORRES Black Pine 3D Super Eye Serum
This powerful eye serum addresses dark circles, diminishes puffiness, and works to make the skin firm.
Black tea agent, black pine extract, and dill extract are infused to remove dark circles and provide rich hydration.
They also boost skin elasticity, smooth skin tone, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
I have horrible dark circles and have found nothing that actually gives results before this.
It is lightweight, non-sticky, does not leave a shimmering scum, and spreads easily.
2. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
Are you searching for an eye cream to remove dark circles completely? Check out Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair retinol eye cream.
It features an accelerated brightening complex that is responsible for decreasing the appearance of dark circles in just 7 days.
Additionally, it boasts a compact pen applicator with a twist bottom.
This clinically proven formula makes the skin around the eyes smoother, combats dullness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Retinol cream aids fade the appearance of stubborn crow’s feet and target the dark circles.
Best of all, it is made without dyes, mineral oil, and parabens.
3. NEOSTRATA Skin Active Repair Intensive Eye Therapy
NEOSTRATA skin active repair is the best eye cream for sunken dark circles that targets crow’s feet, wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
It helps you get rid of puffiness, lifts the eye area, and smooths fine lines and wrinkles.
This intensive eye treatment relies on various mechanisms to construct and plump the look of flabby eye skin.
It has rejuvenating peptides and neoglucosamine that boosts the supporting matrix’s look for a firmer look.
Moreover, caffeine and hyaluronic acid help shrink puffiness and hydrate the skin.
4. L’Oreal Paris Skincare Revitalift Triple Power Anti-Aging Under Eye Treatment Cream
L’Oreal Paris skincare revitalift triple power anti-aging under eye treatment cream is a dermatologist recommended eye cream for dark circles.
It noticeably lowers wrinkles, fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles around the eyes.
This anti-aging eye treatment is made with 3 top dermatologist-recommended ingredients—vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and pro-retinol.
After using it, you will feel that your skin has become soft and smooth. Its keeps it hydrated for up to 24 hours.
After 7 days, your dark circles will be reduced, and the skin will be firmer than before.
I love it because it is non-greasy, absorbs rapidly, and does not clog the pores. Besides, it comes with a metal tip applicator.
5. SkinMedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream
If you have normal or combination skin, you can opt for SkinMedica TNS illuminating eye cream as it works to improve the look of wrinkles, lines, and dark circles, thanks to its potent age-defying peptides.
It promotes the skin’s natural renovation process to improve its overall look, including tone, texture, and dark spots.
The brand has also incorporated hyaluronic acid, light diffusers, antioxidants, etc., for a glowing and brighter complexion.
6. Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
This best natural eye cream for dark circles hydrates, brightens, and smooths the skin around the eyes for a well-rested look.
It makes you look fresh throughout the day with 24-hour hydration.
It has hyaluronic acid, a powerful nourishing agent and imperative element of skin, which serves as a hydration magnet to draw water to the skin.
Along with that, vitamin E, vitamin B3, and licorice extract are integrated to brighten and smooth the skin.
7. EltaMD Renew Eye Gel for Dark Circles
Are you hunting for the best eye cream for genetic dark circles? Then, your search ends on EltaMD renew eye gel for dark circles.
This oil-free eye treatment decreases the look of puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles. It helps build bright and healthy skin.
Natural extracts and special peptides are present in it that support matrix of the skin to help inhibit and diminish the look of aging.
It gives perceptible outcomes in just 1 month.
8. Peter Thomas Roth Vital-E Microbiome Age Defense Eye Cream
This best anti aging eye cream for 40s improves the skin barrier with essential nourishment and hydration to support the skin’s natural microbiome.
The microbiome is an unseen defensive shield that safeguards the skin from the aging effects of environmental invaders like pollution and the sun.
It aids in improving the look of crow’s feet, dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines.
Also, it reduces puffiness and detoxifies the skin exposed to blue light.
This best eye cream for sunken dark circles is powered by innovative Gamma E antioxidant technology, probiotic, prebiotic, caffeine, and many other ingredients.
9. Fresh ‘Black Tea’ Age-delay Eye Concentrate
Fresh ‘black tea’ age-delay eye concentrate reduces aging signs and moisturizes and tightens the eye area.
It eliminates dark circles, puffiness, lines, and wrinkles.
The black tea complex in this eye cream prevents damaging free radicals and improves skin elasticity.
It is optimized by antioxidant-packed noni fruit juice that also improves the skin’s appearance.
It absorbs faster and is lightweight so that you can apply it under makeup as a hydration eye cream.
10. Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream
This dermatologist-recommended eye cream for dark circles is formulated with caffeine and light-reflecting particles to banish the look of tired eyes.
It promptly offers a lifted, hydrated, and brightened eye area by diminishing the look of dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines.
Besides, it smooths the appearance of crow’s feet and provides antioxidant defense.
This high-quality eye cream also improves the skin moisture barrier.
Things To Consider While Buying The Best Eye Cream For Sunken Dark Circles
- First, decide on your primacies and the outcomes you want to acquire from utilizing the eye serum. You might want to get rid of puffiness, wrinkles, or you might want moisturized, brightened eyes. Either way, the dermatologist recommended eye cream for dark circles is a must.
- It should contain caffeine as it tightens blood vessels around the eyes and enhances the skin’s energy. Caffeine decreases redness, swelling, and fluid from assembling around the eyes. Furthermore, it defuses free radicals and has anti-inflammatory properties, which improves skin tone.
- The best eye cream to remove dark circles completely should have vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) to reduce redness and swelling. Moreover, it increases collagen formation and fatty acids to hydrate the skin.
- Kojic acid is also renowned for lowering hyperpigmentation. It is an integral part of eye serums and creams. Rose oil and licorice also improve the skin appearance around the eyes.
- Doctors recommend eye creams that have hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and humectants. All these ingredients provide maximum hydration to the eyes. Ceramides increase collagen creation.
- The best eye cream for sunken dark circles should contain vitamins A, C, and E to improve skin health and boost collagen production. Vitamin C increases collagen formation, lightens skin tone, and is a powerful antioxidant.
- The cream should also have retinoids. You should cautiously use the retinoic eye cream to remove dark circles completely. It promotes cell regeneration, boosts collagen production, and keeps the skin young.
How To Apply The Best Eye Cream For Sunken Dark Circles?
Never pull or drag your skin around the eyes. It is better to use tapping and pressure movements and gently spread the serum around them.
A pea-sized amount is adequate for the entire region. Don’t apply the cream to the upper eyelid. You should apply it on the brow bone to get full advantages of the cream or serum.
In the morning, use an antioxidant product to protect your eye area against the sun and pollution. In the evening, it should enhance collagen creation.
How Long Does It Take For The Best Eye Serum For Dark Circles And Puffiness To Work?
It is reliant on what results you want to acquire. Eye creams rich in caffeine and hyaluronic acid give instant outcomes, fighting dryness and puffiness.
However, if you want long-term results, give your eye cream at least 5 to 6 weeks to work. Some ingredients take a long time to work.
Vitamin C and retinol begin working instantly at a cellular level, but you will see noticeable results after the use of several months.
When Should You Apply Eye Cream Or Serum?
Many people apply eye cream as the last step of their daily skincare regime.
The optimal time to apply it is after cleansing and before applying the serum, sunscreen, or lotion.
According to dermatologists, you should apply the lightest products first, such as eye cream, because it cannot enter thicker oils and lotions.
You can use eye creams both in the morning and evening.
If you wake up with puffy eyes after sleep, you should avoid applying eye cream at night as it can worsen it.
Store the best eye cream for 20s in the refrigerator for an additional cooling effect when you apply.
Advantages Of The Best Eye Cream For 30s
- Minimizes puffiness beneath the eyes
- Lowers puffiness
- Decreases wrinkles and fine lines
- It keeps the skin bright and young
The skin around the eyes is the most delicate and thinnest on the whole body.
It means this is the area where the symptoms of aging will appear first.
However, this is also the area that reacts swifter to an excellent skincare routine, especially the best eye cream for sunken dark circles.
The products I have mentioned above are tried and tested by thousands of shoppers so that you can buy them with great confidence.