Are you surfing the internet to know how to comb hair to prevent hair loss? You have landed at the right page.
Losing up to 100 strands every day is totally natural, but when you are losing a lot of hair, it is really a matter of concern—for both men and women. Minor hair loss is a sign that new, healthy locks are growing to replace the old ones.
If you are uncertain what is normal for you, you should pay close attention to what you see in your comb or shower drain. Also, if you are noticing your ponytail is thin or you see viewing your scalp, then according to dermatologists, you are losing much more hair than you should.
There are countless reasons for losing hair such as medication, stress, lack of minerals and vitamins, and an imbalanced diet. Poor hair brushing technique is also one of the causes of hair loss. In today’s article, I am going to educate you on how to comb hair to avoid hair fall.
How To Comb Hair To Prevent Hair Loss?
Use The Right Brush Or Comb
It is a fact that low-quality combs have a negative impact on our hair health. Narrow plastic brushes badly damage them and as a result, we have to deal with hair breakage for all hair types.
Only a few folks know that expensive combs create a lot of friction, so dermatologists recommend not using them.
If you are experiencing a lot of hair loss all of a sudden, then start utilizing a wooden comb for better results. They are designed to tame the hair in the right way and don’t cause breakage and friction.
Many people believe that combing more is healthier for hair, but it is not true. In fact, the more you brush them with wrong and low-quality comb, the more they can get damaged. Therefore, you should comb them less with the right brush.
Never do backcombing using a hair brush because it produces friction and causes breakage. Also, avoid using heating and styling tools as much as possible. I would recommend using natural products to comb the hair to add shine to the hair.
Comb At The Right Time
If you have straighter hair, don’t comb them when they are wet. However, people with curly hair should comb them wet to prevent breakage. Also, when they are wet, don’t blow dry them and wait until they are dry or damp.
Combing Mistakes That You Are Committing Every Day
- Wrong combing direction
- Combing the ends only
- Combing frequently
- Using the same brush on both wet and dry hair
- Brushing dry curls
- Brushing after applying hair products
- Combing right after hair wash
- Combing in a fast speed
- Regularly backcombing hair
- Using the wrong brush
What Do You Need To Comb Hair In The Right Way?
- A Wooden Comb: It helps to get rid of static, the major reason for frizzy, brittle, and damaged hair. It should not have sharp edges and should be well rounded off.
- A chair or stool to sit on.
How To Comb Your Hair Girl?
- Sit on the stool or chair in a comfortable way. Avoid picking a stool with a back because it will restrict your movement.
- The next step of how to comb hair to prevent hair loss is to curve at your waist and allow your strands to fall over your head.
- Hold the best comb to prevent hair loss and begin combing your locks gently yet firmly. It is critical to apply some pressure on the hair from the back to the front.
- Don’t be too harsh with your scalp because, in this way, you will be just hurting yourself.
- Initially, brush the hair’s midline and then switch to the sides.
- The hits you make on the sides should intersect the midline.
- If you want, comb one section several times and then go to the next area.
- Do this until your head feels hot.
Benefits Of Combing Hair At Night
- It increases blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
- It helps loosen and remove the dead skin from the scalp.
- It activates the sebaceous glands that generate natural oil known as “sebum.”
- The use of prevent hair loss shampoo and combing at night enhance the hair shine and make it look healthy.
- When the blood flow boosts, it means more oxygen and nutrients will stimulate hair follicles. It will increase hair growth and health.
- It prevents them from looking oily.
- The prevention of hair breakage and damage is also one of the noteworthy combing hair benefits.
- It removes dirt particles and adds volume to hair.
- Lastly, it can help you get rid of dandruff.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Hairstyle Is Best For Preventing Hair Loss?
You can try smooth chignon, ponytail braided or bun, twisted hairband, loose half braid, or loose half-up tied knot to prevent hair loss.
2. Is It Normal To Lose Hair While Combing?
Yes, it is normal to lose hair while brushing. However, you should not brush them harshly as it can cause severe damage and make them break easily.
3. Which Type Of Comb Is Best For Hair Fall?
You can use a boar bristle brush or a wide-toothed comb for hair fall for all types of hair. Never brush them when they are wet.
4. Is Losing 150 Hairs A Day Normal?
It is normal to lose up to 100 to 150 strands per day, but if you are losing more than this, you may be experiencing abnormal hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.
5. How Many New Hair Grows In A Day?
It grows about 0.3 to 0.4 mm every day on the scalp and 6 inches every year.
6. Is Comb Better Or Brush?
Brushes tend to break off long hair, while the best comb for thin hair tends to break off short hair. To prevent breakage, opt for a comb.
7. Should You Comb Hair Everyday?
It is advised by experts to brush hair two times a day, morning and before bed, to help distribute the natural oils of the scalp the hair. It is vital to use a different technique to brush wet and dry hair.
Summing up what I discussed in my detailed guide on “how to comb hair to prevent hair loss”, choose comb over boar bristle brush hair loss to eliminate tangles after washing your hair. Select when to brush hair according to your hair through type and always start removing the tangles from the ends.