Beauties, I am going to shed light on “how to remove acrylic nails at home with hot water”, so keep reading.
Acrylic nails are making a buzz in the fashion industry because they are a joy to watch and flaunt.
Nothing is more glamorous than them in the current era, and no one can deny it.
They not only give the illusion of length to your nails, but they also permit you to shape or design your nails in any way you desire.
However, just like manicure nail drill, you have to take special care of them.
They effortlessly last for more than four weeks if you pamper them.
But, removing the false nails can give you pain in the buttocks if you can’t visit a professional salon.
Applying them is super-easy but eliminating them is extremely excruciating.
The easiest and fastest way to get rid of them is the use of acetone.
It is perfectly fine to use acetone occasionally, but its regular use can lead to skin disorders.
Then, how should you remove them?
Soaking acrylics in hot water and oil can be the safest method to eliminate them.
That’s why; today I am going to discuss how to take off acrylic nails with hot water and oil at home.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLAIMER POLICY FOR DETAILS.
What Are Acrylic Nails?
Acrylic nails are also called fake nails, artificial nails, nail extensions, fashion nails, and nail enhancements.
A liquid acrylic product is mixed with a powdered acrylic product to make them.
Both products together produce a soft ball that can be molded into a nail shape.
Once this acrylic is placed over your nails, the material solidifies and becomes sturdier.
And then, the nail technician can polish and file it according to your wish.
Now, you might be wondering who developed them.
In 1934, Maxwell Lappe who was a dentist by profession invented them. He made them to help nail-biters control their habit.
Who would have predicted that they would become one of the most significant pillars of femininity in the decades following?
These days, they are available in two types: tip and form extensions.
They are heavyweight and durable and wrap around your fingertips. Their sticky edges hold them in place.
You don’t need to apply separate adhesive to keep them in the right position.
They don’t have sticky edges, so you will need glue to keep them in place.
These lightweight artificial nails are applied to your nails directly.
Their downside is that they are not so durable and break easily.
How Acrylic Nails Are Applied?
First of all, you will have to select your desired nail color, shape, and length.
Then, the technician will clean, dip, and file your natural nails.
If you want to add length to your nails, they will add fake tips after that.
However, if you want short nails, they will skip this step.
Then, they will apply glue before placing the nails over your nail beds.
Next, they will sand down and give them shape. Finally, they will apply nail polish or nail art.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails At Home With Hot Water?
Taking off nail enhancements with hot water is one of the easiest and harmless ways.
Acetone can also be used for removing them, but many folks are uncomfortable soaking their nails into it.
If you are one of them, then continue reading to discover how to remove them using warm water.
Things You Will Need
- Large bowl of hot water
- Nail filer
- Nail clipper
- Orange sticks
Here Are The Steps:
- Trim your fashion nails with a nail clipper and poke the edges with an orange stick. However, be careful not to cut your natural nails.
- Take a bowl of warm water and ensure the water’s temperature is comfortable for you.
- Soak your nails in warm water for at least 20 to 30 minutes to help the adhesive soften.
- When the nails start swelling, separate them from your original ones with orange sticks.
- If they still won’t be removed after 30 to 45 minutes, change the water and soak your hands for another 20 minutes.
- Moisturize your hands with hand cream because warm water can make them dry.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails With Acetone Nail Polish Remover?
- First of all, trim and file your nails.
- Apply moisturizer on the cuticles.
- Take a bowl and fill it with acetone nail polish remover.
- Soak your hands in it for about 30 minutes. Then remove the nails with the help of a paper towel.
- Wash your hands completely and get rid of an additional adhesive.
- Then, apply Vaseline to your hands.
How To Take Off Acrylic Nails With A Removal Kit?
- First of all, remove nail paint from your nails. Use a towel to dry your hands.
- Then, apply hand lotion to moisturize them.
- Now, take advantage of a nail removal kit to eliminate the fake extensions. The kit has a nail clipper, acetone, wooden stick, moisturizer, container, etc.
- Then, gently and carefully remove your nails.
How To Take Off Acrylic Nails With Dental Floss?
- To perform this method, you will need your sibling or friend’s help.
- First, you will need to peel off the nails’ bottom ends with the help of a wooden or orange stick.
- Then, place dental floss beneath the bottom edges.
- Start removing the nail smoothly and cautiously.
- Now, take a nail file or buffer to clean your nails.
- Finally, apply petroleum jelly to your hands.
How To Take Off Acrylic Nails With Aluminum Foil?
- Cut your nails as short as you want and file their upper surface.
- Fill acetone in a bowl, put cotton balls in it, and allow them to soak thoroughly in the water.
- Now place the cotton balls over your nails and wrap them up with aluminum foil for at least 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, remove the foil with a wooden stick and wash your hands properly.
- Take a buffer or file to clean them.
- In the end, apply moisturizer.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails Without Damage?
- Don’t tear them down.
- Don’t remove them with vinegar.
- Don’t soak them in extremely hot water because it can make your skin drier.
- It is better to use acetone to eliminate them and after removing them, moisturize them to prevent skin dryness.
How To Take Care Of Nails After Taking Off Acrylic Nails?
If you can’t visit a salon, then make sure to take care of your nails at home.
Follow these steps to heal your skin that might have agonized during the extended use of false nails.
Things You Will Need
- A bowl of warm water
- Cuticle cutter
- Nail filer
Steps You Need To Follow:
- Take hot water in a bowl and put a spoonful of shampoo in it.
- Now, dip your hands in it for a few minutes.
- Scrub the part around your cuticles gently with the help of a brush and then, clean them with a towel.
- After that, push your cuticle back in place with a nail filer and then, cut off glut skin around your nails.
- Finally, apply moisturizer to your hands.
Acrylic nails are seductive and glamorous. But, eliminating them is a difficult task.
Therefore, carefully decide which removal method you want to use.
Always select the most effective and safest approach than the one that is easiest and fastest.
I have mentioned multiple methods in this thorough guide, but undoubtedly, the hot water method is the easiest and safest.
Now, you are fully aware of how to remove acrylic nails at home with hot water.
The best thing about it is that it does not make your skin dry and does not involve the usage of chemicals that might damage your skin.